This year's pantomime at Motherwell Theatre will be the beauty-full festive treat - Beauty and the Beast.
The producers are looking for local young dancers to take part in this year's pantomime.
Auditions are open to young people living in North Lanarkshire or within an easy commute of Motherwell.
See below for more details.
Beauty and the Beast will be produced by Spillers Pantomimes, in their sixth year at Motherwell Theatre. Already over 9,000 tickets have been booked for Beauty and the Beast.Beauty and the Beast runs at Motherwell Theatre from Monday 21 November 2011 until Tuesday 3 January 2012 - call 01698 403120 for ticket information.Tickets start at £12.50 with discounts available to groups and schools.
Dancers - Juveniles
- We require three groups of six young dancers aged 6 years and over.
- Dancers can't be taller than 1.5 metres (4' 11").
- Dancers need to be confident and disciplined with lots of personality and stage presence. We need good all round dancers with ballet and modern training.
Audition (open) - Wednesday 31 August 2011 at the Ravenscraig Regional Sports Facility in Motherwell
Please be ready to start at 4.30pm.
There is no need to prepare anything in advance. Wear comfortable dance clothes that are easy to move in.
- Licences - Details of the licensing process will be supplied at the audition and successful dancers must complete the application process and supply their paperwork to the theatre within the time specified.
- Commitment - Rehearsals begin in early November. You will be required at every rehearsal and at around 30 performances during the six weeks of the run. Time off from school will be essential.
- Care - Motherwell Theatre will provide chaperones for the juvenile dancers at rehearsals and performances. At the audition, parents are expected to wait outside the audition area.
Spillers Pantomimes Limited have filled all of the professional female dancer roles for Beauty and the Beast. However, they are still looking for one more professional male dancer.
Contact Spillers Pantomimes at email@example.com for more details.