First Stage Auditions for the Talent Contest to rival all others will be held at Loughborough Town Hall on Sunday 26th September 2010 10am to 4pm (Soloists/Groups/Bands) & on Sunday 24 October 2010 9am to 4pm (Choirs).
Charnwood Borough Council is hoping to uncover a real super-star this festive season and is encouraging all locals to take up the challenge and prove that ‘ Charnwood has got Christmas Talent ’.
Second stage of the audition process for soloists, groups & bands will be held at Fearon Hall on 10th October 2010
Soloists, Groups, Bands and Choirs will all be welcomed from ages 6 upwards!
Auditionees will arrive and be given a ticketed number. They will be asked to fill in a registration form whilst waiting in the cafe area and, when called, will
perform in front of judges.
At first auditions performances must be performed without any backing music. For performers who require backing music a CD Player will be available for the second auditions.
The top five performers will also be the first to appear at the Christmas Light Switch performing to an expected crowd of 8,000. The winners will be chosen on the day and will be awarded a 1st prize of £300 for 1st place, £125 for 2nd place and £75 for third place will be awarded for both competitions.
- Soloists / Groups / Bands FINAL will be held on 28th November & Choir FINAL on 12th December 2010
- The auditions will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- By taking part in the auditions participants are providing full consent for use of all imagery, in all mediums.
- Under 18s must audition with authentic signed proof of a parent or guardian, over the age of 18. If participants look under 21, proof of age must be offered.
- All participants must live or work in the Borough.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- If you are chosen to feature on the programme and are unable to attend your specified ‘slots/s’ then it may not be possible to reschedule your appearance.